TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CAMPAIGN AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF OUR LIABILITY.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CAMPAIGN, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE FULLY READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THIS CAMPAIGN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CAMPAIGN.
A. BASIC TERMS
- Organiser: Tropicana Corporation Berhad (Company No: 47908-K)
- Name of the Campaign TROPICANA SURPRIZE UPSIZE
- Eligible Participants of the Campaign must be Malaysians aged 18 and above at the time of entry into the Campaign, and at the time of receivable of an award. Participants must not be on the verge of bankruptcy, or holding status as a bankrupt.
- The following persons are not eligible to participate in this campaign:
- Permanent and/or temporary employees of the Organiser, Tropicana Corporation Berhad and/or its respective subsidiaries and/or its affiliates, and their immediate family members (Defined as: parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives; and
- Representatives and/or business partners (Including advertising, promotion and public relations agencies) of the Organiser and their immediate family members (Defined as: parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
- Campaign mechanism:
STEPS 1 - 6
Step 1 : Register to join
Step 2 : Like Tropicana Corporation Berhad’s Facebook page and share the
Campaign post on your Facebook timeline
Step 3 : Redeem your mystery surprize at any participating Tropicana Property
Step 4 : Book your Tropicana Property and receive your booking code from sales
Step 5 : Enter booking code at: www.tropicanasurprizeupsize.com (Login and
enter booking code at account setting page) and upload a
photo of yourself (the purchaser) taken at any Tropicana Property or
Tropicana Property Gallery of your choice.
Step 6 : Be present at the Grand Finale to win the Surprize Upsize or Other Grand
- The Campaign will commence from 11th November 2017 at “10:00:00” to 22nd December 2017 at “23:59:59” (“Campaign Period”).
- Participants must register online on tropicanasurprizeupsize.com and book a Tropicana Property to stand a chance to win the prizes up for grabs. Each eligible participant will be given one (1) entry per unit purchase upon completion of booking.
- Participants who visit the participating Tropicana Property Gallery during the Campaign Period shall be eligible for the Mystery Surprize (limited while stock last).
- The Organiser will hold (1) Grand Finale for the Campaign on 28th December 2017, at MBO, The Starling, Damansara Utama (“Main Event Venue”). The winners will be announced during the Grand Finale. The Organiser shall reserve its rights to determine and/or change the locations of Main Event Venue for the Grand Finale at its absolute discretion, and notification of such changes will be made accordingly.
- Eligible Participants are to be present at the Grand Finale. If Eligible Participants cannot attend the Grand Finale, the Eligible Participant shall inform the event organiser and nominate a proxy to attend the Grand Finale by filling up a proxy form and returning it to the event organiser before 25th December 2017.
- Eligible Participants must present their identity cards and/or passports for verification and validation for the Grand Finale.
- Tropicana Corporation Berhad’s top management will pick five (5) lucky winners (1 SURPRIZE UPSIZE Home & 4 Interior Design Packages) at the Grand Finale as per date mentioned above.
- Upon announcement by the Emcee of the prize winners, each prize winner shall present themselves at the Main Event Venue to redeem their prizes.
- An Eligible Participant whom have won a prize in the Grand Finale shall not be entitled to participate in the subsequent drawings. Only Eligible Participants who have not won any prizes may continue to participate in subsequent drawing at the Grand Finale.
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the campaign or the Grand Prizes not specified herein shall not form part of these terms and conditions.
- COMMUNICATION WITH PARTICIPANTS
- An EDM (Electronic Direct Mailer) will be sent to registrants and purchasers in the database.
- Follow up calls on redemption of to be handled by respective sales and marketing personnel (if required).
- The Campaign communications will also be available on social media, the official campaign website, property galleries, campaign advertisements and radio.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set-out herein, each participant will be eligible to win a maximum of one (1) SURPRIZE UPSIZE Home (“Surprize Upsize”) or one (1) Interior Design Package (“Other Grand Prizes”) (collectively, “Winners”) on the Grand Finale. The Surprize Upsize Winner and Other Grand Prizes Winners are only applicable for purchasers who have bought a Tropicana Property during the campaign period.
Table A: Surprize Upsize & Other Grand Prizes of Tropicana SURPRIZE UPSIZE Campaign
Total unit(s) throughout Campaign Period
Ridgefield Residences (Park Villa),
Ridgefield Residences (Semi-D),
Parkfield Residences (Linked Semi-D), Tropicana Heights
Aman 1 (Condominium),
Cheria Residences (Semi-D),
Dianthus Serviced Residences
Paisley Serviced Residences
listed will be
limited to just ONE (1) unit for the Surprize Upsize
Other Grand Prizes
ID Renovation Package
One (1) unit
One (1) unit
One (1) unit
One (1) unit
- Collectively, the Surprize Upsize and Other Grand Prizes shall be referred to as “Prizes”.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Eligible Participants and Winners must allow Tropicana Corporation Berhad to use the photos and comments for editorials, advertising, promotional, marketing and communication purposes for an indefinite period on a complimentary basis.
- Eligible Participants and Winners must agree to be featured in any Tropicana Corporation Berhad communication material for a period of (7) years on a complimentary basis.
- Any legal fees, Memorandum of Transfer (MOT) and disbursements incurred in relation to the preparation and/or execution of the sale and purchase agreement for the Grand Prize shall be borne solely by the winner.
- Any GST/Income Tax payable is the participants’ responsibility.
- Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the participant’s responsibility.
- Winner shall execute the sales and purchase agreement to enact the transfer/assignment of the Grand Prize within fourteen (14) days from the date of the Organiser’s notification, failing which, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) working days, he/she will be replaced by the next shortlisted participant.
B. STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Standard Terms and Conditions (“Standard T&C”) contained herein shall govern the Campaign organised by the Organiser as named in the Basic Terms. The Standard T&C and shall be in addition to the terms set out in the Basic Terms (the Basic Terms and the Standard T&C shall collectively be referred to as “Terms and Conditions”).
- The Grand Finale of the Campaign will be held during the selected date set out in the Basic Terms. The Organiser reserves the right to vary, postpone or re-schedule the dates of the Grand Finale or extend the Grand Finale at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Eligible Participants must adhere to the brief mechanism of the Campaign set out in the Basic Terms as may be briefed and communicated to the Eligible Participants by the Organiser from time to time.
- The Organiser reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Campaign at its absolute discretion.
- The Organiser may terminate or suspend the Campaign at any time at its absolute discretion in which case, the Organiser may elect not to award any prizes. Such termination or suspension will not give rise to any claim by the Eligible Participants. If the Organiser resumes the Campaign and carries on with the Grand Finale, the Eligible Participants shall abide by the Organiser’s decision regarding resuming of the Campaign and disposition of the Prizes.
- Any decision made by the organiser relating to this campaign is final and binding on all participants. If any matter arises which is not covered in these Term and Conditions, they will be determined solely by the Organiser.
- The Organizer is also not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration or, use or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of the Website, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or Website.
- The Organizer reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Grand Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Organiser has the right to substitute the same with any other product of similar value. The Grand Prize awarded is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. The Grand Prize is given on an “As Is, Where Is” basis.
- The Organizer’s decisions are final and no correspondence thereon will be entertained. All participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organiser’s decisions.
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Campaign or the Grand Prize not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Eligibility Criteria of participants of the Campaign are as set out in the Basic Terms.
- Eligible Participants may be required to submit further proof of their eligibility within such timeframe as may be required by the Organiser, failing which, the Organiser shall be entitled to disqualify the Participant.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify purchasers or Eligible Participants and/or revoke the Prize (at any stage of the Campaign) if:-
- found ineligible or fails to meet any of the Eligibility Criteria; or 3.1.2 There is a breach of the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the Campaign or violated any applicable laws or regulations by the Eligible Participants; or 3.1.3 in the Organiser’s sole determination, it reasonably believes that there is fraud, cheating or deception by the Eligible Participant.
- In the event of a disqualification after the Prize has been awarded, the Organiser reserves the right to demand for the return of the Prize or payment of its value from the said disqualified Winner.
- The Eligible Participant represents and warrants with the Organiser that –
- The Eligible Participant has met all the eligibility criteria and has the right, authority and power to enter into the Campaign in accordance with Terms and Conditions and shall provide such proof as the Organiser requires; 4.1.2 All the statements (if any and if so required) made by the Eligible Participant to the Organiser are true, correct, accurate and complete.
- In consideration of the Organiser offering to the Eligible Participant the opportunity to participate in a Campaign, the Eligible Participant hereby unconditionally and irrevocably;
- Agrees that if so required by the Organiser, to make himself/herself available (without compensation) for the production, recording and publicity of the Campaign during such time, and production schedule as may be notified by the Organiser:- (i) Interview (which shall be recorded); and/or (ii)Taking of still photos, audio and/or visual recording for promotions and publicity use. (Collectively “Recording”).
- Agrees and consents that the Organiser shall have right and absolute discretion to broadcast the Recording and/or use the slogan, names or nicknames on any of its programmes/channels in whole or in part at the Organiser’s discretion. All copyrights subsisting in the Recording shall belong to the Organiser absolutely.
- Confirms that the Eligible Participant has read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign and shall abide by the said Terms and Conditions accordingly, including to cooperate and follow all instructions given to the Eligible Participant.
- Agrees that all Prizes to be awarded in the Campaign is contingent upon the accuracy of the information provided and disclosures made by the Eligible Participant / Winner and partner accompanying the Eligible Participant / Winner and the full and complete performance of the Eligible Participant and partner accompanying the Eligible Participant / Winner warranties, undertakings and obligations hereunder.
- Agrees that the Eligible Participant and partner accompanying the Eligible Participant / Winner shall not by act or make omission, directly or indirectly to bring the Organiser or the Sponsors (if any) into disrepute.
- Agrees that the Eligible Participant and partner accompanying the Eligible Participant / Winner shall not without the prior written consent from the Organiser, publish or disclose any information in connection with the Campaign or Prizes (Including without limitation, to any representatives of media in any form whatsoever).
- Agrees that the Eligible Participant and partner accompanying the Eligible Participant / Winner shall not give any product endorsement, any interviews or be involved in any articles or reports in respect of the Campaign or the Prize with any third party.
- Agrees that the Eligible Participants’ (including the accompanying partner’s) participation in the Campaign and/or Programme.
- The Prizes for the Campaign shall be as set out in the Basic Terms.
- The winners’ names will be announced by the Organiser by such mode and in such manner as set out in the Basic Terms.
- Failure to claim Prizes within thirty (30) days shall result in the Prizes being forfeited by the Organiser and the Organiser and / or the Sponsors (if any), shall have no liability to the Winner in any respect whatsoever.
- The Prizes being non-cash prizes shall not be redeemed for cash or other alternatives.
- The Organiser does not guarantee the availability of the Prizes and the Organiser shall be entitled to replace and/or substitute such prize(s) with any other prize(s) of similar value as determined by the Organiser, its agents or sponsors at its sole discretion.
- All prizes are strictly non-transferable, assignable exchangeable or redeemable by the Eligible Participant in any other form or manner other than that specified by the Organiser. All specific or special terms and conditions that are attached to the Prizes (Whether by the Organiser or its agent or sponsor) must be adhered to by the Eligible Participant.
- A proxy of the Eligible Participant who subsequently becomes a Winner may collect the prize. The proxy shall be authorised in such form and manner as set out in the Basic Terms.
- In the event that the Winner chooses not to accept a Prize, the Prize shall be forfeited and the Prize will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of the Organiser.
- All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the Winner and are awarded by the Organiser without any warranty of any kind express or implied.
- DECISIONS OF THE ORGANISER
- The criteria for the Winners shall be as set out in the Basic Terms.
- Notification of Winners will be via the means as set out in the Basic Terms.
- The Organiser’s decisions on all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final. No discussion, correspondence, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of the Organiser will be entertained.
- The Eligible Participants / Winners shall not dispute nor make any oral or written complaints, public announcements or statements on the same, whether during or after the Campaign Period.
- PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITES
- The Organiser reserves the right to send SMS messages or email notification to the Eligible Participants mobile phone number or email address containing information and promotional activities regarding any other Tropicana Corporation Berhad promotions.
- If an Eligible Participant does not wish to receive such SMS messages or email notifications, the Eligible Participant is required to call and inform the Organiser accordingly.
- GOVERNING LAW
- The Terms and Conditions of the Campaign shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
- The Eligible Participant forever waives, releases and discharges the Organiser of any and all liabilities, costs, loss, damages or expenses which the Eligible Participant or any party claiming through the Eligible Participant hereafter may have, arising out of acceptance of any prizes or participation in the Campaign, including but not limited to personal injury or damage to property and whether or not direct, consequential or foreseeable.
- The Eligible Participant shall indemnify the Organiser, its affiliates, agent and sponsors from and against all liability, costs, loss or expenses suffered thereby as a result of the Eligible Participant’s breach of the Eligible Criteria, Eligible Participant’s warranties and undertakings and any breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or the rules and regulations of the Campaign.
The term “Tropicana” or “us” refers to Tropicana as the owner of this website. The term “you” or “your” refers to the user or viewer of Tropicana’s website.
- Why Tropicana collect your personal information:
(A) Your personal information is collected for the following purposes:
- for registration of a user account with Tropicana;
- to send you invites to Tropicana’s property launches, promotional materials,
advertisements for marketing purposes; for administrative purposes;
- for assessment and analysis of the market, Tropicana’s customers and/or potential
customers in relation to Tropicana’s properties and services;
- to monitor, review and improve Tropicana’s properties and services;
- to be used for internal record keeping;
- for employment opportunities in the event you have provided information for such
- to alert and recommend properties similar to those properties you have purchased (if
(B) For this purpose we collect personal information which includes but not limited to the following:-
- name, job title and company name;
- contact information including address, email address and phone number;
- details of your visits to Tropicana’s show units and/or website;
- information of your agents to enable Tropicana to provide marketing and promotional materials in relation to Tropicana’s properties and Tropicana Privilege Card;
- demographic information;
- gender, age and date of birth; and
- such other relevant information to enable Tropicana to provide you with Tropicana’s services and products.
- How Tropicana collects your personal information
Tropicana collects this information when you purchase property through Tropicana’s show units or soft launches, when you register your user account or when you telephone or email Tropicana or correspond with Tropicana.
By providing your personal information to Tropicana, you have agreed to give your consent to the processing of your personal information by Tropicana for the stated lawful purposes when your personal information was collected. Tropicana shall not process your personal information unless you have given consent to the processing of your personal information. “Processing” means collecting, recording, holding or storing your personal information or carrying out any operation or set of operations on your personal information.
- Direct Marketing
Tropicana may use your personal information for marketing purposes, in particular to present you with advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials informing about our properties and/or conduct free prize draws and prize competitions and such other information in relation to our properties which we believe may be of interest to you.
Tropicana will send you advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials or information in relation to our properties, if you have elected to receive such information when you register with Tropicana.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving these advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials, you can do so by using the unsubscribe information on every such mailing, by updating your user profile or account data or by contacting Tropicana (see below for details on how to contact Tropicana).
- Sharing of your personal information
Tropicana do not sell, rent, or lease Tropicana’s customer information to third parties. Tropicana may however share and/or disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- for purposes of providing Tropicana’s services to you;
- where Tropicana is required to do so by law, any stock exchange regulation or any binding judgment, order or requirement of any court or other competent authority;
- where you have consented to such disclosure.
Please exercise caution when participating in any blogs, forums and discussion pages including via Tropicana website so that your personal information is not disclosed to other parties which Tropicana will not be responsible for.
Tropicana is committed and will use Tropicana’s best endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept and stored securely.
On that premise, Tropicana have adopted the following measures:
- using encryption, where appropriate;
- using password protection, where appropriate; and
- Links to external content resources
- Web tracking (cookies and web beacons)
Cookies help Tropicana to understand which sections of Tropicana’s websites are frequently visited. With this information Tropicana is able to adapt Tropicana’s properties and/or website to suit your demands and to provide you with a more customised and personalised user experience. For example, cookies allow Tropicana to ensure that the information displayed on your next visit will match your user preferences.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For example, on Microsoft Internet Explorer you can disable or delete cookies by selecting "Tools/Internet Options".
Please note that Tropicana’s websites are designed to work with cookies and disabling cookies may affect your usage of Tropicana’s websites and may prevent you from taking full advantage of Tropicana’s services at Tropicana’s websites. Tropicana do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers, except with third parties working with Tropicana to provide Tropicana’s services to you.
- Retention of your personal information
All your personal information collected by Tropicana will be retained with Tropicana and Tropicana shall not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for.
- Access to your personal information
You may request for a copy of your personal information which you have provided to Tropicana by submitting your request in writing specifying the personal information you wish to access including any discount or reference numbers where applicable to Tropicana in which a fee will be charged to you (if necessary) and you will need to provide a copy of the following documents with your written request to enable Tropicana to verify your identity:
- driving licence; and/or
- electricity bill.
- Accuracy and correction of your personal information
Tropicana takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information provided to Tropicana is accurate and relevant only to the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for and is kept in the manner whereby the accuracy and completeness of your personal information is not affected and your personal information is up-to-date.
If any of your information is incorrect or incomplete, the correction will be done without any charges and you may submit your request in writing specifying the incorrect information and the correct information for us to replace it with. Please include the following in your written request which can be used to identify you such as:
- property name; and
- unit number
- Choice to your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:-
- whenever you are asked to fill a form on the website, you may indicate in the remarks column that you do not want your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes; and/or
- if you have previously agreed to Tropicana using your personal information for direct marketing purpose, you can change this at any time by clicking the link in Tropicana’s Electronic Direct Mail (“EDM”) to unsubscribe the service upon receiving the EDM from Tropicana.
Updated as at 30 July 2013